Privacy and Security
Meijer Optical has adopted policies that govern our collection and use of personal information and we expect our team members to comply with these policies. We are accountable for complying with these policies and will take reasonable and timely steps to ensure compliance. Except as described in this Policy or as otherwise required by law, we will not sell, rent or give information which identifies you personally to anyone. Personal information is information about you that is not publicly available and can identify you, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and phone number.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- When you visit the Site, our web server automatically recognizes your domain name, IP address, your computer’s operating system, browser type, the address of the web page you’re coming from and of those pages you visit on our Site. We may store that information and use it to customize content presented to you. We use this data in the aggregate to determine how much our customers use parts of our Site so we can improve it. But, we don’t automatically recognize or collect your name, email address, home address or telephone number unless you have specifically provided this information to us on the Site or we have obtained it from offline data.
- We do collect personal information consisting of the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email, the email addresses of those who make postings to user-generated content areas, and information that customers volunteer, such as survey information and the information provided to enter an online sweepstakes.
- We may collect mobile and other phone numbers as part of our Promotional Programs and we may also collect your name with your phone number when you register for our Promotional Programs. You may choose not to provide this information, but then you will not be eligible to participate in the applicable Promotional Program.
- We and our partners collect information about you when you visit the Site, such as the pages you visit and product information you view. We may do this by any or all of cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags (also called clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs), and/or iFrames. Cookies, flash cookies, pixel tags and/or iFrames may be placed by Meijer Optical or by one of our partners. The information we collect helps us better manage the Site, provides ease of use of the Site for you, and provides more effective marketing to you.
In addition to collecting personal information on our Site and through the Promotional Programs, we also collect personal information from Meijer Optical in-store transactions and data provided by third parties. At times we match personal information we collect from users of the Site and our Promotional Programs with this offline data in order to carry out our services and conduct target advertising and promotions more effectively.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- All personal information that we collect may be used to improve our Site, used to customize the content or layout of our Site pages for individual visitors, used to notify customers about updates to the Site, used by us and our service providers to contact customers for marketing purposes, used to communicate with our customers about their orders or accounts (transactional and administrative messages), and used for product recalls.
- We may also share your personal information with our strategic partners and other third parties that perform services or functions on our behalf (such as credit card payment processing, and order processing, fulfillment and delivery), but their activities are subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations. We may also share aggregated data with these parties. Aggregated data is gathered from many different customers and does not contain any personal information.
- We may use your personal information combined with your Meijer Optical store shopping information to provide special offers tailored to your interests.
- We may also disclose your personal information to a third party if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by the law, is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, imminent bodily harm, or to protect our company or another individual or business. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, courts or other government entities. Specifically, we operate cameras in our stores for security and operational purposes and may provide information we collect from our in-store security cameras to third party loss prevention specialists or to law enforcement to assist in their investigations of the crime, but generally will not link security camera information to other information we’ve collected unless there is a security need.
- Our use of your personal information will be consistent with this Policy. From time to time, we may use your personal information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post changes to this policy on our Site to notify you of these changes. If you are concerned about how your personal information is used, you should check back at the Site periodically.
What About the Privacy Rights of Children?
Just like you, we’re especially aware of children’s privacy issues. We know that parents are justifiably concerned about their children’s activities online and what’s being done with the information they reveal. That’s why we will never intentionally collect information from children under 13, with the exception of email addresses used only for reply purposes. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This website and our services are not directed to residents of the EU and we do not offer products or services to residents of the EU.
If You Have any Questions or Comments
You may contact us at:
Direct Mail Address:
Attention: Meijer Optical
1 Harmon Drive
Blackwood, NJ 08012
Email Address: email@example.com
Contact Us: https://www.meijeroptical.com/about/contact-us/
Policy Revisions and Updates
- Last Revision Date: June 19, 2014